Volunteer for a Day
Come spend the day on the beautiful Monterey Bay coastline, renewing your team spirit while making a difference in ocean health! A Corporate Volunteer Service Day enables your employees to break from the office routine and unite for a common, positive goal as a business. Plus, as your team works together, they'll gain insight into the effects of marine debris and do their part to support the Aquarium's mission to inspire conservation of the ocean.
Morning: Start your day with a private tour of the Aquarium.
- You'll receive a brief Aquarium overview from one of our knowledgeable, volunteer Aquarium Guides about the work we're doing to impact ocean health locally and globally and about actions your team can take to help conserve the ocean and reduce ocean debris like plastic pollution.
Afternoon: Head outside to participate in a cleanup on the Monterey Bay Coastal Recreation Trail or at Del Monte Beach (location varies, depending on date).
- Your team will collect litter along the Recreation Trail outside the Aquarium or at Del Monte Beach with help from Aquarium employees as well as staff from Service Systems Associates (SSA), the Aquarium's culinary and Gift & Bookstore vendor.
- You'll document the different types of litter collected, which will be shared to help researchers and other citizen scientists better understand and prevent litter from entering the ocean.
- We provide all the necessary equipment for your team to use during the cleanup.
End of Day: Return to the Aquarium for our scavenger hunt!
- The activity will include a return to the Aquarium for a brief exploration and a discussion of what more you can do at home, work and in your community to inspire conservation of the ocean.
- Your team is welcome to explore the Aquarium following the scavenger hunt until closing.